IED & Mine Extractor
The Personnel IED and Mine Extraction Kit (PIMEK) has been designed as an every day carry for personnel and vehicles, when travelling in an area of country where anti personal mines or IED’s may be lurking. The PIMEK kit comprises of a non-magnetic scraper to carefully remove dirt and any lose earth covering IED's and mines. Also, the kit contains a non-magnetic probe, which can be used to insert into the earth to 'feel' for any hidden devices. The kit also includes extender bars to allow personnel to probe and clear ground up to 40 cm/16 inches away from suspect devices. To safely navigate any areas that may contain devices, the kit also has colored markers and mini chemlights for path identification.
• A non-magnetic scraper to remove carefully, and from a distance, any loose earth covering the device.
• A non-magnetic mine prodder of varying lengths to suit, up to 40 cm (16 inches) long. This is pointed and strong to penetrate most hard
• 25 colored marker pegs to clearly pinpoint the location of any device; or cleared ground.
• 30 small chemical light sticks for night marking which can be clipped into the marker pegs.
• An aid-memoire on mine field marking, and prodding techniques.
• A trip wire feeler
• All packed in a neat MOLLE belt pouch
16 x 8.5 x 6cm (6.3 x 3.3 x 2.4”) • Weight: 420g (15oz)