Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) Gen 7
The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) Gen 7 is the latest in the C-A-T product series that is 100% effective in stopping blood flow to either the leg or arm, in the event of a traumatic wound with a significant hemorrhage.
The patented C-A-T Gen 7 design is the latest tourniquet made by North American Rescue that utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band, which provides true all round pressure when applied to the leg or arm. Once the CAT has been adequately tightened, bleed will stop and the windlass can be locked in place. To ensure the windless is not able to become lose, there is a hook-and-loop retention system with a Velcro securing strap.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz
- Tactical Black - 6515-01-521-7976
- Rescue Orange - 6515-01-612-7129